Road Closures in Nanakuli for Waterline Work | Transportation
Information courtesy: Board of Water Supply
HONOLULU – The Board of Water Supply (BWS) will be closing the two center lanes of Farrington Highway in the Haleakala Avenue intersection in Nanakuli from Tuesday, May 1 to Friday, May 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day. A contractor will be making final service connections to the new 24-inch transmission water main along Farrington Highway.
Motorists are advised to please use caution while driving through the work area and to allow for extra travel time. A special duty police officer will be on site to help with traffic flow. Signs will be in place to notify motorists of the construction activity and lane closures. The waterline connection is part of the final phase of a water system improvement project to replace a 24-inch transmission line that carries approximately 60-percent of the drinking water into the Leeward Coast.
For more information about this water system improvement project, visit www.boardofwatersupply.com or call the BWS Construction Section at 748-5730.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Victim in Waimea Falls drowning identified
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May
- Police investigate suspicious death of homeless man found in Oahu cave
- Lockdown lifted in Kahuku after police investigate suspicious package