Garbage truck driver in fatal crash suffered a heart attack | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A man died Thursday after a heart attack caused him to lose control of his garbage truck.
According to officials, the crash happened on Kilua Place on Sand Island at about 3 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the 42-year-old Waianae man was seen passed out behind the wheel before he crashed into two unoccupied trucks.
The identity of the driver has not been released.
Police did not specify whether he was operating a city or privately owned garbage truck.-
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May