Traffic advisory for Farrington highway in Nanakuli from May 7-14 | News
Information courtesy: City & County of Honolulu
The Board of Water Supply (BWS) advises Oahu motorists that the two center lanes of Farrington Highway in the Haleakala Avenue intersection in Nanakuli will be closed from Monday, May 7 to Wednesday, May 9.
In addition, there will be roving lane closures from Haleakala Avenue to Black Rock on Thursday, May 10, Friday, May 11, and on Monday, May 14. The lane closures are scheduled to take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
Contractors will be working to backfill, repave, and restripe the intersection of Farrington Highway and Haleakala Avenue. Crews will also be removing a fire hydrant and valve covers from the old waterline.
There will also be ongoing road rehabilitation work from Black Rock to Waimanalo Gulch weeknights from 7:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
Motorists are advised to please use caution while driving through the work area and to allow for extra travel time. A special duty police officer will be on site to help with traffic flow. Signs will be in place to notify motorists of the construction activity and lane closures.
This work is part of the final phase of a water system improvement project to replace a 24-inch transmission line that carries approximately 60-percent of the drinking water into the Leeward Coast.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May