10 years for man charged with killing woman at McDonald's drive-thru | News
NANAKULI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A man charged with killing a woman at a McDonald's drive-thru two years ago was sentenced to 10 years in prison Monday morning.
Albert Birmingham, 38, was originally charged with manslaughter, but pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of negligent homicide in February.
Police say Birmingham got into an argument with the occupants of another vehicle in the McDonald's drive-thru in Nanakuli, and then ran over Raelynn Aloha Adams, 20, with his SUV as he fled the scene.
Birmingham also pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license following a DUI and failure to render aid.
Birmingham must serve a mandatory minimum of three years and four months because he has a prior conviction for criminal property damage.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May
- Police investigate suspicious death of homeless man found in Oahu cave
- Lockdown lifted in Kahuku after police investigate suspicious package
- San Diego newspaper cartoon on Manti draws local critics