Excitement Builds on the Leeward Coast | Events
Information courtesy: INPEACE
Learn more about INPEACE programs for children at a fun-filled family event
Honolulu, Hawai‘i —Thousands of keiki and their families will gather to celebrate anexciting time in a keiki’s life – preparing for their first day of school. The Institute forNative Pacific Education and Culture (INPEACE) is hosting the event filled withactivities and information.
When: March 11th, 2012 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: Wai‘anae District Park Gym
Keiki Steps staff will lead keiki in various learning activities, including story time andsinging, while volunteers from Keiki Steps to Kindergarten help families register theirsoon-to-be kindergartners for school and our free summer transition program.
“This event will be an opportunity for families to spend time together while experiencingthe benefits of learning together,” says INPEACE Keiki Steps Program Director LisaPakele.
Volunteers also will be on hand to provide families with additional information on theprogram and where it is offered. Keiki Steps, a free program, offers a wonderfulopportunity for families to learn together through a specialized culturally appropriatecurriculum designed to promote Family-Child Interactive Learning (FCIL). The programoffers children the basic building blocks of knowledge they will need in order to succeedin elementary school.
Keiki Steps’ sister program, Keiki Steps to Kindergarten, will be at the event to shareinformation about summer-transition programs that help prepare children for their firstday of kindergarten. Staff will help families with incoming kindergartners register earlyfor school. Early registration helps ensure schools have important resources toaccommodate students. In order to register, families should bring: the child’s originalbirth certificate, updated immunization records, proof of residency and a current TB test.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May