Free showing of 'An Inconvenient Truth' on Aug. 23 | Events
The following information is provided by Sen. Maile Shimabukuro:
Sen. Maile Shimabukuro and The Hawaii Institute for Human Rights will provide the community with an update on climate change. The Institute will also offer a free showing of the Nobel Peace Prize-winning documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, as well as a few children’s short films about global warming.
Tuesday, Aug. 23 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Ka Waihona O Ka Na'auao Cafeteria.
Dinner will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Potluck dishes welcome
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Keeping Your Home and Avoiding Foreclosure" Seminar
- The High School Block Party 5 Exclusive Drug-Free Event for Teens 14-19 Years Old
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- Special Event at Kapolei Library Kicks off Children's Summer Reading Program
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Two children, three adults safe after boat capsizes off Kaena Point
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat