Waimanalo Gulch Landfill Closed on April 3rd | Environment
The Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill, Keehi and Kawailoa transfer stations will be closed on Sunday, April 3rd.
The City’s Department of Environmental Services decided to close the sites due to waste cell damage that occurred during the storm this past January 13th and the landfill is awaiting approval from both the Environmental Protection Agency and the State Department of Health.
The landfill is scheduled to re-open on Monday, April 4th and should be open next Sunday as well.
For more information, contact: (808) 768-3454
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May