Malama Learning Center to Give Workshop on the Introduction to Aquaponics | Environment
The following information is provided by Malama Learning Center:
WHAT: The Malama Learning Center will be hosting an upcoming hands-on introductory workshop on aquaponics. Participants will be introduced to the basic mechanics for setting up their own aquaponics system and demonstrate how individuals can start one with in their own home.
WHO: The Cultural Learning Center will share their knowledge about aquaponics in this workshop.
WHEN: Saturday, October 1st, 2011
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: 'Opelu Project, Wai'anae
DETAILS: The workshop costs $10 per person, or $25 for a family of up to three people.
Registration is required, please go to www.malamalearningcenter.org:
For Questions, please contact Sayo Costantino by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 808-483-0678.
ABOUT: The Malama Learning Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Hawai'i. It began as a concept in 2001, with Kapolei High School seeking a performing arts auditorium for the community, and a local conservation group seeking an environmental learning center. The two ideas merged, blossomed, and evolved, nurtured by creative ideas and energy brought by innovative community members yearning to build a "soul" for the new city of Kapolei.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May