Complimentary Early Reading Screenings for Grades K-3 | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Kamehameha Schools:
Kamehameha Schools and Assets School partner to offer early reading screenings on the Wai'anae Coast
WHAT: Assets School, in collaboration with Kamehameha Schools, will offer a complimentary early reading screening, open to Wai'anae Coast families with primary aged students (middle kindergarten through 3rd grade). The screening session will take approximately an hour and includes individualized feedback with parents.
Participating in an early reading screening allows parents to discover the strengths and areas of concern for their child. It also allows them to be proactive in seeking assistance and finding resources in the areas that the child may need more support. In a very short amount of time parents will get immediate feedback and specific recommendations.
WHEN: Screenings will take place between 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, May 2
- Friday, May 4
- Wednesday, May 9
- Friday, May 11
WHERE: Kamehameha Schools Community Learning Center at Nānākuli
89-101 Farrington Highway, Wai'anae, HI 96792
HOW: To schedule an appointment, contact Christy Sato at Kamehameha Schools Community Learning Center at Nānākuli at 534-8244 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>. For further information on Assets School, contact Darlene Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kamehameha Schools is a private, educational, charitable trust founded and endowed by the legacy of Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop. The year 2012 marks the 125th anniversary of the opening of Kamehameha Schools, which today operates a statewide educational system enrolling over 6,900 students of Hawaiian ancestry at K-12 campuses on O`ahu, Maui and Hawai`i and 31 preschool sites statewide. Over 40,000 additional Hawaiian learners and caregivers are served each year through a range of other Kamehameha Schools' outreach programs, community collaborations and financial aid opportunities in Hawai'i and across the continental United States.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Keeping Your Home and Avoiding Foreclosure" Seminar
- The High School Block Party 5 Exclusive Drug-Free Event for Teens 14-19 Years Old
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- Special Event at Kapolei Library Kicks off Children's Summer Reading Program
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Two children, three adults safe after boat capsizes off Kaena Point
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat