James Campbell Company Donates $250,000 to Kapolei and West Oahu Schools | Business
The following information is provided by the James Campbell Company:
The James Campbell Company donated a total of $250,000 to nine Kapolei and West Oahu public schools to support the capital and technology needs of each school. Richard Dahl, President and CEO of the James Campbell Company, presented checks to the nine school principals and their complex area superintendents at the Mele and Hula event on August 14 at Lanikuhonua.
The funds were allocated as follows:
- Kapolei High School - $45,000
- Kapolei Middle School - $45,000
- Kapolei Elementary School - $25,000
- Barbers Point Elementary School - $25,000
- Makakilo Elementary School - $25,000
- Mauka Lani Elementary School - $25,000
- Campbell High School - $20,000
- Nanakuli High and Intermediate School - $20,000
- Waianae High School - $20,000
“The James Campbell Company has been a strong and steadfast supporter of Kapolei and West Oahu schools,” said Elden Esmeralda, principal of Kapolei High School. “Over the years, the company’s generous donations have helped our school purchase needed books and computers as well as supported teacher training and student programs.”
“In this tough economic period, the Campbell Company’s donation goes a long way toward helping us continue to provide quality education to thousands of children,” said Annette Nishikawa, Campbell/Kapolei Complex Area Superintendent. “We are extremely grateful for their support.”
"Public education is the backbone of our future," said Dahl. "We know the principals will put this money to the best use for their students. We appreciate all they do and want to support their efforts."
Over the last decade, the James Campbell Company (formerly the Estate of James Campbell) and the Campbell Foundation have collectively given more than $12 million in charitable donations.
The James Campbell Company LLC is a private, Hawaii-based, and nationally diversified real estate company with properties in Washington, D.C. and 16 states across the U.S. Its affiliate, Kapolei Property Development LLC, focuses on the development of the City of Kapolei. In 2007, the James Campbell Company succeeded the Estate of James Campbell, a 107-year-old private trust that was the legacy of one of Hawaii's foremost business pioneers. For more information visit www.jamescampbell.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Keeping Your Home and Avoiding Foreclosure" Seminar
- The High School Block Party 5 Exclusive Drug-Free Event for Teens 14-19 Years Old
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- Special Event at Kapolei Library Kicks off Children's Summer Reading Program
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Two children, three adults safe after boat capsizes off Kaena Point
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat