No trash, recycling pickup on New Year's Day | Shopping & Services
The City's Department of Environmental Services wants to remind the public that trash will not be picked up on New Year's Day.
Residents that use the three-cart collection system with a once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup are asked to leave their gray carts curbside to be picked up Monday or Tuesday. Residents should leave their gray carts out until they are serviced.
Recycling days that fall on a Saturday will not be picked up. Residents should hang on to mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents who are on a twice-a-week refuse collection and have a pickup date that falls on New Year's Day are asked to hold their items for the next scheduled pickup.
All City Convenience Centers, Transfer Stations, H-POWER and Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort Joins Swipe4TheKids to Enrich Hawaiian Youth
- San Diego man didn't die while saving woman at Waimea falls
- Tourist didn't die saving woman at Hawaii falls
- Not guilty plea from woman accused of slitting dog's throat
- Kahuku Library will Offer "Tuesday Night at the Library" Events in May